Thanks to Todd Duffey who writes on stuff (Todd Duffey’s Blog of Stuff) I have been nominated. Although I start to question if this is so much a nomination or a curse! As a result of this nomination – I must answer the following:
1. If you could rename yourself, what name would you choose and why?
Xanthippe, but it would be pronounced Bob. Because.
2. At what point in your life did you recognize your writing affected others and how did it motivate you?
Strangely enough, writing has always been a personal effort. I write because I enjoy it and according to my mother, I began as early as four years old when I wrote a poem about how evil cats were. I don’t remember it, but I have it on good reference that it was that poem that set me onto my current path. The idea that others might enjoy it as much as I enjoy doing it, well, that is the greatest encouragement of all!
3. What are the last 3 books/blogs you’ve read that have stuck with you, and why?
Apologetically to the blogging community, it is actually books, but I read VORACIOUSLY. My parents were positive I would read them out of house and home. If it weren’t for the advent of the Kindle and other e-readers, I probably would have read myself out of house and home, too! The most compelling ones recently: The Martian (I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I had to read it first and I really enjoyed it,) Daniel Abraham’s Long Price Quartet(yes, it’s a quartet, not a single book. But it was really really compelling!) and a re-read because it’s just that good – Scott Lynch’s The Lies of Locke Lamora.
4. What was the last lie you told?
I told an executive who wanted me to do something I wasn’t sure how to do right that instant that someone was using the office she wanted me to go into. I rescheduled with her, figured out how to set up the telecommunications the way she wanted, and had it all in place when we were supposed to meet at the reschedule, only to have her interrupted by a fire marshal, requiring she leave the building with a fire drill, and forcing us to re-reschedule after work!
5. What would you put on your ideal pizza?
Pepperoni. I love pepperoni.
6. What question do you hate to answer?
WHAT are you DOING?
7. What is the answer to that question?
It depends. It can be as simple as stretching, or as bizarre as “trying the socks I just finished crocheting on the dog.” Usually, whatever odd thing has entered my mind at the moment.
And I have to nominate some people who have to answer the following:
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What activities do you take to fight writer’s block?
3. What is the strangest REAL thing you have ever done?
4. If you were an animal, which animal would you be?
5. What superpower would you want to have?
6. Name one single secret shameful joy you wouldn’t want to do without? Everyone has them – ‘fess up!
7. What is your favorite dessert?
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post, too.
Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Lastly, COPY these rules into the post